Bright city wedding at OH ME OH MY Liverpool – Jen + Rob
Looking through images from weddings like Jen & Rob’s always makes me sublimely happy. The sun was shining all morning and all throughout the ceremony, but the clouds gathered as we headed out for Jen & Rob’s portraits. However, it didn’t dampen their spirits at all and, for two people who previously claimed to be shy in front of the camera, were absolute babes!
I’ve shot MANY a wedding at the amazing venue of OH ME OH MY in Liverpool, but each one is incredibly unique to the last because it’s a venue that attracts only the coolest and most frigging awesome of couples. And Jen & Rob were definitely that.
When the sun decided to peep back out of the clouds later in the evening, I took the happy couple away from their guests for just a few more moments alone on the rooftop of OH ME OH MY. From this very rooftop you are greeted by the most spectacular view over the River Mersey and you also get to meet the famous Liverpool landmark, the Liver Building, at eye level. A completely unique experience to any other wedding venue in the city. I pulled out a yellow smoke bomb and we captured some fun shots of Jen & Rob with the incredible view of Liverpool in the background.
(I think I remember the videographer having a spasm of joy because the sunset was glowing through the yellow smoke perfectly! We are easily pleased by things like this!)
Anyway, I could go on and on about why I loved this wedding, but I will let Jen & Rob tell you more about their big day in their own words…
Oh wow!! We have just watched the slideshow and it is absolutely amazing, it captures our day so well. - Jen + Rob
OUR FAVOURITE PARTS OF THE DAY
We loved every part of the day, to name a few parts that stood out…
- We chose to sign the marriage register in the vestry of the church rather than in front of all our guests, just so we could take a minute to breathe and have a moment to ourselves and with our close family to take in that we had actually just got married! Our favourite part was walking out of the vestry officially being husband and wife to a song that we had chosen playing and all our family and friends clapping and dancing, the atmosphere was amazing!
- Before the wedding we were nervous about doing the couple portraits, but on the day we loved it. It was nice to have that time just us two.
- I (Jen) loved the speeches, I was dead proud of my dad, Rob and the best man, all of them were brilliant.
WEDDING PLANNING AND ADVICE
We planned the wedding for over two years, so it didn’t feel too stressful, as we had the time to organise things with no pressure.
There were a few funny parts during the planning:
- We were lucky to have a family friend make our wedding cake as a gift, but we found out that their cat had eaten the top tier in the run-up to the day (he quickly had to make a new one!)
- When we were booking OH ME OH MY the original date we had in mind was booked, they said the week after was available and we quickly booked it knowing how fast the dates can go. After confirming it all, we realised that in the panic we had forgotten it was Rob’s brother’s birthday and also the Champions League final Day, but thank god Liverpool got knocked out as we may have been down a few guests!
And we had a few minor hiccups on the day:
- The vicar asked Rob “will you take Jen to be your HUSBAND!”
- The knife hilariously snapped when we were cutting the wedding cake
- And finally, can you believe the vicar actually put the wrong date on the wedding certificate making it INVALID!! We didn’t even realise until two months later!
Our top planning tip to anyone planning a wedding is don’t get too hung up over the smaller details; little things will go wrong, but on the day you won’t care because the most important part is that you’re married and having a big party with everyone you love.
Have fun, don’t get stressed and enjoy it.
You were truly amazing on the day, you made all of our bridal party feel at ease and that's evident in the photos, I love how natural they are. - Jen + Rob
WHY WE CHOSE AMY
We met Amy at a wedding fayre and as soon as we saw her work there was no hesitation that we wanted to book her. We love the way Amy’s pictures are so natural and capture every little detail perfectly. On the day Amy made us feel so relaxed and at ease. We also enjoy how unique Amy’s work is. For example, after the wedding breakfast, Amy pulled out a smoke bomb and asked us to meet her on the terrace in 5 minutes – next thing we are standing in front of the Liver Buildings and Rob was waving around a smoke bomb, from which Amy was able to capture one of our favourite photos of the day- we love that it was so spontaneous and fun!
OUR FAVOURITE PHOTOS
We love them all but one that stands out most is us both in the doorway of the church after the service – we just look so happy!
Other favourites are:
- Standing in the middle of The Strand with the traffic all around us – we had this printed into a huge canvas for our home.
- We also love the ones taken of just the two of us at sunset with our balloons
- The photo of all our bridesmaids together – it was reeeeeally hard to capture because one of our little flower girls kept running away and the photo shows how funny this was
- Aimee with my Uncle Howard at the venue
- The birds eye view of all of our guests in OH ME OH MY during the speeches
- The confetti shots outside the church
- Jen with her mum and dad after seeing her in her dress for the first time
- Rob’s dad holding our little nephew
- Jen and her brother hugging before leaving for the church
- Our adorable niece and flower girl Amaya with Rob
Bride’s dress & veil: Natalie-Ann Brides
Head Piece: Sixpenny Bride
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Groom’s suit & shoes/ushers suits: Reiss
Bridesmaids dresses: Coast
Flower girls dresses: John Lewis
Flower girl wands: Stitched by Sisters
Flowers: Carla Long
Cheese cake: Liverpool Cheese Company
Make up: The Powder Room
Hair: Yaz at Allure Hair Boutique
Venue: OH ME OH MY
Band: New Power Soul Club
Videographer: Capture Your Moments
Thank you to my amazing second shooter, Katy Mutch <3